Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hang in there

Today I really feel like quitting my job. Quit, with everything on capital. After my supposedly mentor resigned leaving the bulk of everything under the sun to me, I tried picking up the pieces slowly and learning bit by bit along the way. Yeah, I have been warned that the superior has some loose screws in the thinking department but still I persevered. It's a part of the learning process, I told myself. Well, something happened these few days which made me look like a loser with capital L. I'm just tired OK, drained. Mentally cannot cope. Lantak kau la nak tonggang terbalik. Just say anything you want to say. I didn't ask to be given this task. I was forced to do it because my previous superior cannot work with me - a mere communications problem, really. I think I'm like this coz I haven't been doing any exercises for the past 2 weeks except for some core muscle exercises for the last 4 days. And it didn't help that LTDL highlights were shown late at night and I haven't missed any highlights since last saturday. My kids even had to stay up with me last night to watch the show. I normally tuck them in early to watch the highlights but yesterday they just couldn't sleep and I didn't want to miss the show, so gasaklah. Oh well, what's done is done.
Afi joins a swimming class now. Pls don't suggest triathlon. She hates to run :P
I told hubby that I'm getting the Cervelo frame using the birthday money that he gave me. He asked me, what are you getting yourself with the money? I told him, I don't know yet. I've always wanted the Chanel purse which costs about 1.5k but they don't have it in stock here. He said, since I gave you the money, how about buying the purse? I said, nah, maybe not coz it's not worth it. I've been cracking my brain on what to get. Ring? I have 2 already and it's more than enough. Pendant? I have that already and I don't think I need more of it. Bracelet? Probably, coz I don't have any, but because I commute sometimes, I don't feel comfortable wearing expensive gold bracelet and exposing it while holding the pole in LRTs. I might attract the wrong kind of attention. Plus gold is damn expensive now. Approximately RM100 per gram. I wanted to get another DSLR but my dear E500 is under-used ever since I've joined the cycling bandwagon. And the lens upgrades is just ridiculous. Hence, No to new DSLR.
vroomen Someday
So I'm left with my ultimate dream bike, the Soloist. God did hear my plea for Cervelo and Bike Boutique opened a branch in KL, carrying the brand. And as if He knows that I can't afford the carbon frames and so He visioned them to create alloy Soloist frame for me. The price is just unbelievable. Who would think that it's half the price of its carbon version? Alhamdulillah. I have a few interested parties for my Trek 1400 WSD Discovery Channel frame, size 43. Hopefully I can let it go by next week insya allah. Yeah God is great indeed. Never doubt that.
Any inquiries, pls leave a comment and an email. I'll get back to you :)
A few bloggers are doing Ironman Langkawi next week. A mere 9 days from now. I could just feel butterflies sommersaulting in my tummy at the thought of that. Of course they have been training like madmen for almost a year to face the Ironman challenge. Along the way, they've shed tears, blood and of course sweat, probably sunburnt numerous times already. In my opinion Ironman is more of a mental challenge rather than pure physical torture. During the 3.8km swim, one might give up halfway due to rough sea conditions but the tough ones will chant, "Just a wee bit more to go!" During the 180km cycle, one might think, "the route is MORE than a century ride(160km)". The tough ones will say, "180 is just a number.. it's just 60km a loop and you only have to do it 3 times". Lastly the marathon - 42km of running. The weaklings would think, "How can I run a marathon after cycling for 180km?" The finishers have only this in their minds, "I have trained this far, stop whining and let's just get this over with!" It's definitely mental torture I tell you. Brain overtaking the brawns. The distance are just numbers. Divided it into portions and conquer it bit by bit. May God give you strong muscles, sound mind and unbreakable mental strength. All the best to all Ironman participants!

5 comments:

niefeng said...

Aini biasa la, bukannya kau tak suka pd emas dan camera tu, tp minat kau sekarang kpd benda lain plk, jd utk berbelanja kpd minat baru tu kau mesti takde halnya,

Anonymous said...

asssalmualikum...sadaqah kat anak-anak yatim or poor pepole bagus gak tu, bekanaln untuk kubur dan akhirat...

Anonymous said...

niefeng..
ha.. camner kau tau eh??

yeop,
sedekah pun ada.. cuma tak citer je.. :)

Anonymous said...

alhamdulillah..

niefeng said...

aini
sama la kita, aku camera lama dah nak beli tak beli2 tp kalau beg laju aje menghulurnya adoiii, nasib tak jadi beli millet tempoh hari kalau tak melayang 300 aku

..::disclaimer::..
website ni bukan official website mrsm taiping... mau carik official punya, http://www.mrsmkm.edu.my/taiping/. segala isi kandungan dalam blog ni tak mewakili mrsm taiping dan MARA. Untuk cari Ansara Cawangan Taiping, bleh p ke http://www.actorg.net. Kat ACTorg.net, webmaster dia Abg Damit.... website ni utk geng2 mrsm taiping batch 9495 lay-park, borak2, merapu, meroyan, melalak.

jemput tengok dan tengok lagi.. kalau tak puas jugak bleh la tinggal message ka, letak comment ka... mau Lagi??? email la sama wa kat taiping9495 at gmail dot com.

terima kasih kat sapa2 yg tolong website ni secara jualan langsung atau black market....

article yg ada dlm ni adalah hakcipta blog ni kecuali ada dinyatakan dicilok dari sumber2 tertentu... segala komen yg dibuat dalam blog ni takde langsung mewakili blog nih.. komen2 tu adalah hak dan rekacipta org yg tulis komen tu... ada paham? webmaster ada hak utk meng'edit', meng'keluar'kan mana2 post yg dirasakan tidak sesuai