Monday, March 26, 2007

My first TT (time trial)

Another event I completed last sunday.. alhamdulillah. Aini Woke up at 5am for the TT. Gedebuk gedebak semua, got out of the house at 6am. Stopped at the petrol station for fuel. From Semenyih town, there were 6 cars in front of us making the left turn at the traffic light, heading to Tekala waterfalls. We thought they must have been kaki beskal as well. Suddenly at the Nirvana Memorial park, ALL of them turned left! We looked at each other n smiled. Alamak. Diorang nak pegi kubur rupanya. It must be the time when they clean the graves, we thought. 10 mins later, we reached the car park. Saw Harry n wife.. Harry was one of the marshalls that day. Reported myself to Adrian, who greeted me with "So this is Bola Dua Api!" Not Bola Dua Api lah.. it's Bola Bola Api! Hehehe.. The goodies were commendable for a free registration race - t shirt, one Powerbar Triple Treat(which hubby gobbled down like Cadbury's Dairy Milk choccy bar) and 2 cans of drinks. I told hubby to take his goodies since he's already registered but he's embarassed to do so. Race started at about 7.35am. Mel and Adele from QR were the timekeepers. Mel came up to me saying, "When I saw your name in the list, I thought, it can't be you. But it turned out IT IS YOU!" Yes. I just joined the bandwagon n my bike still looked new due to little mileage on the bike. The smallest numbers started first(i.e. orang2 yang kayuh selow), n I was about the 10th person to start. I deliberately set my odometer to show only distance n my speed coz I didn't want to pressure myself. Janji habissss.. We were released every 1 minute. One km into the route, I was already feeling the brunt of not cycling for the last one month! We were greeted by a steady hill climb which lasted at least 1km! Gilak! At that moment, I looked at my odometer n I was going 8km per hr! Even on a bad day up the hills in Putrajaya, I could climb at 13km per hr! This was crazy man! Full article is here. Pics: The deadly route Warming up. Pagi2 buta dah ada kat situ.. kata nak start kul 7 pagi... With Mrs Harry Masa ni tengah suffer.. tapi nampak photographer, terus buat2 macho! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pergh, dasat tu! Berderet sponsor.. DiscoveryChannel pun sponsor Aini tu...

bola2api said...

azraf,

hahaha.. itu jersey beli la wey... hahaha! :)

..::disclaimer::..
website ni bukan official website mrsm taiping... mau carik official punya, http://www.mrsmkm.edu.my/taiping/. segala isi kandungan dalam blog ni tak mewakili mrsm taiping dan MARA. Untuk cari Ansara Cawangan Taiping, bleh p ke http://www.actorg.net. Kat ACTorg.net, webmaster dia Abg Damit.... website ni utk geng2 mrsm taiping batch 9495 lay-park, borak2, merapu, meroyan, melalak.

jemput tengok dan tengok lagi.. kalau tak puas jugak bleh la tinggal message ka, letak comment ka... mau Lagi??? email la sama wa kat taiping9495 at gmail dot com.

terima kasih kat sapa2 yg tolong website ni secara jualan langsung atau black market....

article yg ada dlm ni adalah hakcipta blog ni kecuali ada dinyatakan dicilok dari sumber2 tertentu... segala komen yg dibuat dalam blog ni takde langsung mewakili blog nih.. komen2 tu adalah hak dan rekacipta org yg tulis komen tu... ada paham? webmaster ada hak utk meng'edit', meng'keluar'kan mana2 post yg dirasakan tidak sesuai