Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Demise of Manhattan Fish Market... (for me at least)

Last Saturday I brought my whole family to KL Bookfest at KLCC. By the time we reached KLCC its already noon. My wife told me she was very hungry since she have not had any breakfast. I also remembered she was telling me few times that she wanted to eat at Manhattan Fish Market (MFM). Being the head of the house, I said OK.. I had reservation on MFM after my third visit. They had seafood platter on claypot (during my first time there), and then they changed it to silver platter (Second visit). I asked the manager (this time it was in Sogo), she said customer complain about being hygienic. On that trip I realised the amount of food served in the platter was a smaller than the first visit (In Subang Parade). Ok, back to last Saturday. We ordered grill platter and the most annoying thing was the garlic/cheese rice was something like nasi lemak tepi jalan. It was hard, cheese was very little that you could not taste it and the portion is even smaller. Obviously I do not want to make a scene of barracking the manager about the food and the place was full of people. The good thing about this trip was there was a clown with elastic balloon. So far I only seen these clowns made poodle, flower, a heart shape balloon. Muhammad got a 'riffle with a telescope' balloon and my daughter got an 'umbrella' balloon. Anyhow, I would choose another restaurant over MFM the next time I bring my family out...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makan ikan bakar dengan air asam belakang istana negara lagi best....rindu rindu..

Azrir

Anonymous said...

azrir, bila kat rantau-an tu mmg la segala makanan melayu ni sodap... hehehe

blakang istana tu mmg best tapi parking dia huhuhuh.. mkn tghari pun penuh!

Anonymous said...

I did notice that the portion with MFM are getting smaller compared to when it first started. Rasa cam tak berbaloi dah, dahler mahal jugak the foods there. I last went about 2 months ago, probably wont go there again anymore.

Anonymous said...

sat, any recommnedation for fish and chips yg sedap. Honestly lama dah aku tak makan tu due to my disappointment in many. even kat sudu hilton KL pun tak sedap.

Anonymous said...

naz, susah nak recommend sbb western food kat KL ni susah nak cari yang sedap.

& satu lagi aku tak pernah makan fish and chips kat sini.... MFM pun selalu dok makan platter

..::disclaimer::..
website ni bukan official website mrsm taiping... mau carik official punya, http://www.mrsmkm.edu.my/taiping/. segala isi kandungan dalam blog ni tak mewakili mrsm taiping dan MARA. Untuk cari Ansara Cawangan Taiping, bleh p ke http://www.actorg.net. Kat ACTorg.net, webmaster dia Abg Damit.... website ni utk geng2 mrsm taiping batch 9495 lay-park, borak2, merapu, meroyan, melalak.

jemput tengok dan tengok lagi.. kalau tak puas jugak bleh la tinggal message ka, letak comment ka... mau Lagi??? email la sama wa kat taiping9495 at gmail dot com.

terima kasih kat sapa2 yg tolong website ni secara jualan langsung atau black market....

article yg ada dlm ni adalah hakcipta blog ni kecuali ada dinyatakan dicilok dari sumber2 tertentu... segala komen yg dibuat dalam blog ni takde langsung mewakili blog nih.. komen2 tu adalah hak dan rekacipta org yg tulis komen tu... ada paham? webmaster ada hak utk meng'edit', meng'keluar'kan mana2 post yg dirasakan tidak sesuai