Tuesday, October 28, 2008

13 years and counting

It has been 13 years since we left maktab. I can recall that some of us had enjoyable memories of it, while others felt indifferent and there were also some who would not want to be associated with it.

I fall into the category of the ones who are reluctant to be associated with the maktab. I even told those who asked that I hated the place and I felt more in tuned with my convent school prior to the maktab.. That was how I felt about the maktab back then. Call it teenage angst.. maybe there was some elements of it, together with a rebellious attitude towards life.

That was 13 years ago.

Now, after 8 years since leaving uni, and I guess some credits must be given to this blog and those who made it alive, I've accepted my maktab life as a memory that I cherished and a part of my growing up. I've started connecting with ex-collegemates and rekindling old friendship that I've since forgotten.

I started to remember that life wasn't all that bad in Taiping. Sure I missed the freedom, my family and my childhood friends back then. But I also know that there are friends that I've made during the 2-years at the maktab that stayed with me during my tough and happy times.

This posting is a tribute to Ihsan and all of us, ex-Taiping batch 94/95 who kept the blog alive and for our silent friends who made time to drop by and have a peek at what we're babbling about.

Next time, don't just peek but say a simple hello. We are no strangers to each other. We make who we want to be. Hey, we did spent 2 years at the maktab (some of us even married our ex-collegemates), so we practically know everyone. So don't be shy to say hi..

Signing off, Aini Zakaria (Ihsan, aku dah tak hutang kau lagi haha :P)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

aini,

aku siap berhenti tepi jalan n jerit nama ko bila ko lalu with your bike kat putrajaya tempoh hari. ade ingat tak? itu consider saying hi to you... hhihih

bola2api said...

haha ye sal aku ingat.. aku tinggal precint 9, jalan 9A sekarang.. nanti bila aku dah kemas rumah, kau dtg eh hehe

oh ye, apa kau buat tepi jalan tu? kau ada nampak nik ? coz time tu dia ikut aku kayuh

[i] said...

aini,
tq for the post.

lepas ni sapa lak mangsa aku nih... hahahhaha...

bola2api said...

adzimi pun ok gak hehe

Anonymous said...

Aini, jemput Sal je ke? Yg lain tak jemput? :P

EnAikAY said...

Aini, i said hi (and something else) to you masa kau tengah beranang kat laut PD masa triathlon haritu.. nak bagi semangat la katakan. Glad u made it back to shore. Next year jom PD triathlon lagi sekali nak?

martyr said...

HI AINI!

bola2api said...

nik,
aku target desaru half ironman.. ada berani?? hehehe racun start dari sekarang..

adzimi,
ok la.. nanti ajak korang.. tapi nanti aa.. rumah tak cantik lagi haha

syahid,
hi back!

EnAikAY said...

Aini, I wish I could say "Aini, I meet you at the finishing line of Ironman Langkawi 2010".

Panjangnya angan2 aku harini...

bola2api said...

nik,
IM 2010?? insya allah.. jom jom hehe

..::disclaimer::..
website ni bukan official website mrsm taiping... mau carik official punya, http://www.mrsmkm.edu.my/taiping/. segala isi kandungan dalam blog ni tak mewakili mrsm taiping dan MARA. Untuk cari Ansara Cawangan Taiping, bleh p ke http://www.actorg.net. Kat ACTorg.net, webmaster dia Abg Damit.... website ni utk geng2 mrsm taiping batch 9495 lay-park, borak2, merapu, meroyan, melalak.

jemput tengok dan tengok lagi.. kalau tak puas jugak bleh la tinggal message ka, letak comment ka... mau Lagi??? email la sama wa kat taiping9495 at gmail dot com.

terima kasih kat sapa2 yg tolong website ni secara jualan langsung atau black market....

article yg ada dlm ni adalah hakcipta blog ni kecuali ada dinyatakan dicilok dari sumber2 tertentu... segala komen yg dibuat dalam blog ni takde langsung mewakili blog nih.. komen2 tu adalah hak dan rekacipta org yg tulis komen tu... ada paham? webmaster ada hak utk meng'edit', meng'keluar'kan mana2 post yg dirasakan tidak sesuai