Tuesday, August 21, 2007

THAT'S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MALAYSIA

My co. manage to secure a work permit for a British guy, and now we are in process of applying for his spouse visa. Everything went smoothly until the Immigration Officer said we have to certify his marriage certificate. I said, OK. So I went to British High Commission in Jalan Ampang, the Consular said they do not CERITFY any certs. GREAT... and he suggested I go to JPN because the marriage certificate is issued by JPN. (The guy got married here in Malaysia).. I said, OK... I drove from Jalan Ampang to PJ Hilton (that's the nearest JPN I know apart from Shah Alam), and I was entertained by a lady who informed me they do not CERTIFY any certs. DOUBLE GREAT!! In fact I need an EXTRACT which their branch do not do.. I have to go to Putrajaya or Shah Alam. But in this case I CAN'T because the person himself has to go to the JPN counter. I said, NOT OK, My big fat question is, WHY Immigration did not give specific instruction on what should we do? Is it because they had no FUN at the office? Would they want to be in our shoes, running like headless chicken trying to get ONE certificate VERIFIED? I think that's the culture here, people expect you to know everything! That's what I love about Malaysia... ----- Update: I guess it's just a minority who's doing what I just said. I have been liaison with one great lady by the name of Puan Karimah from Immigration Department, and she is the best government personnel that I have encountered with. Everytime I gave her a call with few questions, she always keep her voice low when precisely answering all my queries and very friendly AT ALL TIMES. Sadly I think she has moved to another department or resign from the post because when I called, nobody pick up the phone. When I managed to obtain a letter from Immigration Department, it's shown a different contact person. That's what I love about Malaysia....

2 comments:

Smiling Sukri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Smiling Sukri said...

Aku nak sambung citer ni psl birokrasi di mesia. Citer pasal na dapat medical certificate dr gomen hosp. Plus compare dgn birokrasi kat sini..

..::disclaimer::..
website ni bukan official website mrsm taiping... mau carik official punya, http://www.mrsmkm.edu.my/taiping/. segala isi kandungan dalam blog ni tak mewakili mrsm taiping dan MARA. Untuk cari Ansara Cawangan Taiping, bleh p ke http://www.actorg.net. Kat ACTorg.net, webmaster dia Abg Damit.... website ni utk geng2 mrsm taiping batch 9495 lay-park, borak2, merapu, meroyan, melalak.

jemput tengok dan tengok lagi.. kalau tak puas jugak bleh la tinggal message ka, letak comment ka... mau Lagi??? email la sama wa kat taiping9495 at gmail dot com.

terima kasih kat sapa2 yg tolong website ni secara jualan langsung atau black market....

article yg ada dlm ni adalah hakcipta blog ni kecuali ada dinyatakan dicilok dari sumber2 tertentu... segala komen yg dibuat dalam blog ni takde langsung mewakili blog nih.. komen2 tu adalah hak dan rekacipta org yg tulis komen tu... ada paham? webmaster ada hak utk meng'edit', meng'keluar'kan mana2 post yg dirasakan tidak sesuai